To ensure the sustainability of our projects, we work according to the principle of partnership and the promotion of existing potential in the countries in which we operate. We have chosen to work in different sectors because the "compass" that guides us always points to the needs of the people and our responses vary according to the contexts of intervention, the needs, priorities, and urgencies of the beneficiaries for we are an instrument of change at the service of countries, communities, and individuals.
- Teamwork. CISP is first and foremost the people who work there, who speak, think, and dream in at least 15 languages, practise different religions, are inspired by various cultures and representations of the world, making up a small segment of humanity united by common values and goals.
- Preparation and Analysis. We are professionals who are firmly motivated and committed to deploying our knowledge and expertise. For this reason, we invest in the growth of our staff and strengthen the internal network of skills. In order to make our action more effective, we deepen and update our intervention and evaluation methodologies to understand the evolution and complexities of the contexts. We also analyse our activities not only to make our work visible to contributors, institutions, and civil society, but above all to learn practical lessons and improve the quality of future interventions.
- Making the Most of Local Human Resources. The decision to focus on maximising the use of local technical, professional, and material resources is a binding principle of our Code of Conduct for international cooperation programmes. We develop opportunities for growth in the professional human assets/potential of the countries in which we work, with training being a strategic axis of CISP over the years to strengthen local leadership by expanding their skills and management capacities. We support local people by promoting employment and skills development through training programmes and by providing opportunities for leadership development and civic engagement to enable people to make real and lasting changes that improves their lives and well-being.
- We Promote Dialogue and Confrontation. At a time when the world is becoming increasingly divided, we want to strengthen channels of solidarity and integration, starting from our own offices where people and communities, often divided by conflict, work together for the same purposes. We stimulate dialogue and engagement between different actors in local communities so that they can build common and inclusive paths of development that address local issues.
- From Good Practices to Good Policies. CISP projects are designed not only to respond to priorities and solve pressing concerns, but also to be tools to identify, formulate or consolidate specific geopolitical strategies to be promoted amongst policy-makers. These aims are interdependent, as the success of a project in inspiring or reinforcing policy is dependent upon its impact and the effectiveness of those taking part in its execution.
- Evaluation and Monitoring. The accountability of our actions and results is a commitment deeply rooted in our history as a transparent association, a must in which we invest resources and energy; our projects are scrupulously evaluated and all our reports are public.